Mahindra Scorpio gets a power boost as part of mid-lifecycle update. Now in New Scorpio an enhanced mHawk engine to deliver higher power of 140 bhp and torque of 320 Nm. The last model was delivering power around 120 bhp and 280nm of torque. It was possible because the new Mahindra Scorpio gets a new 6th generation Borg Warner Turbo Charger.
All this Makes Scorpio drive more peppy, responsive, comfortable in city drive and pleasurable on highway. beside power a number of smart changes have been add to exterior and interiors of now legend SUV.
So what is New in new Mahindra Scorpio
Beside a new enhanced mhawk engine that produces 20 bhp more, a new turbo charger, it gets
- An all-new easy shift 6-Speed Transmission that optimizes performance in each gear, enables cruising on highways in overdrive and enhances fuel efficiency
- New latest generation braking system with 9.1 Bosch ABS offers enhanced braking capabilities
- New refinements in NVH offers a quieter cabin experience
- Enhanced technology with new reverse parking camera with dynamic assist, new 1-touch lane change indicator and new auto window roll-up
- It is high on safety features with dual front airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS), collapsible steering column & side intrusion beams, panic brake indication, engine immobilizer, etc.
And what about New cosmetic changes
- Aggressive chrome grille,
- New fog lamps with chrome bezels,
- The new muscular alloy wheels,
- New ORVMs with integrated side turn indicators,
- A newly redesigned tail gate with chrome applique
- New sleek red lens LED tail lamps.
- And more plush interiors with premium faux leather seats, faux leather wrapped steering and gear lever,
- New roof mounted sun glass holder and enhanced storage spaces
What the brand keeper said
Speaking on the launch, Rajan Wadhera, President – Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said,
“The Scorpio has pushed the boundaries for Mahindra and created new benchmarks for others ever since its launch in 2002. To see the Scorpio become the pride of over 6 lakh customers is a matter of pride. Today as we launch the New All Powerful Scorpio, we have further enhanced its on road presence. While retaining its core DNA of power, thrill and adventure. I firmly believe that the consumers will find the New All Powerful Scorpio a perfect companion for their thrilling and adventurous journeys.”
Sometimes I wonder what their design brief is for Mahindra designer. They must be the happiest bunch. They have full freedom to go crazy to any length without brand DNA and sort of things. These are those things because of which all jaguars look identical. On the downside because of wilder than west design they need to refresh their model more often and more dramatically. Keeping all that I must appreciate the designer for keeping restrain. And keeping design changes to a minimal with respect to their standard and in some way adding value to outgoing model.